8/7/2012 – Rosie and Dylan, finished. What a fun project. I learned a bunch about the texture of wire haired coats.
7/3/2012 – I think I’ll be done by the 4th. Getting close now.
6/25/2012 – Won’t be long now…
6/9/2012 Progress! I got to meet Dylan a couple of weeks ago. What a charmer. And so so so helpful to see the subject first hand. I had just started working on his drawing so I was able to see the textures, build, size first had. Thanks Linda!
Has been a very busy month, but I’ve managed to find bits of time to do some more work on Rosie. Muzzle and right side now about 60% done. I’m hoping to get started on Dylan this weekend
I’ve been working on the final drawing for a few days now. Starting with Rosie and will work from left to right – more or less… Size it too large to scan so I’m left taking photos to post. Lighting leaves a lot to be desired, but hopefully you get the idea!
I’ve taken the info from the customer and made a few changes, then did a small ( 5×7 ) mock up. So here is where it stands as of this morning’s work…
Draft layout, now to fine tune the characteristics…
A couple more ideas, a little more space, and closed mouth on both…. hmmmm….
At this point I’m working on fine tuning the composition. The layout will be landscape. Here are a couple of ideas…
New Drawing –
Well here goes. My next project has started, and it should be fun and challenging. This one is much larger then I’ve done in a few years, that alone will be a challenge. The dogs are Irish Terriers, both with loads of personality and very different from each other. The roughed up composition is below. Now to fine tune that to reflect the 2 individuals. Round eyes vs almond eyes, short rough coat vs longer softer coat, stately and dignified vs the rougue ball of energy. Hopefully I can capture bits of that in this drawing!